Outside School Hours Care
The Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) programs provide supervised educational, social, and recreational activities in a safe environment within the boundaries and philosophies of Northside Christian College OSHC.
How to book OSHC online
All children need to be enrolled before they attend any of our Outside School Hours Care programs and each holiday period for our Vacation Care. Children can be enrolled on a permanent or casual basis.
Parents can register and apply online through QK Enrol ‘My Family Lounge’ below:
Vacation Care April 2019
How to book Vacation Care – QK Enrol My Family Lounge
(Vacation Care through QK Enrol must always be casual bookings not regular bookings) Booking a casual booking for OSHC
1. To book a casual booking, go to ‘Casual Booking’ and select ‘add casual booking.’
2. Select your ‘child’s name.’
3. Select ‘Northside Christian College’ as the service.
4. Select ‘vacation care’ as the room type.
5. Select the date/s you would like on the calendar.
6. Select ‘Book selected day.’
7. Then the date selected will turn purple and say ‘Booked.’
8. Select the ‘number of days’ you require.
9. Select ‘Save changes.’
10. Select ‘Save and Exit.’
6:30 am to 8:30 am - $10 per day per child (food is not provided) - College Hall.
Before School Care is located in rooms E4 and E5 of the College Hall from 6:30 am – 8:30 am. Children will walk down to their class rooms around 8:20 am and proceed to line up in preparation for the beginning of the school day, with the exception of Prep’s, who will be accompanied by OSHC educators.
Breakfast is not provided by the service; however, children are welcome to purchase food from the school café or to bring their own food from home.
Parents/Guardian’s must drop their children off at Before School Care and sign in their children upon arrival; the OSHC educators will sign out students as they leave for class.
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm - $19 per day per child (a snack is provided) - College Hall.
Children walk from their classrooms to the College Hall after school and are signed in by an OSHC educator upon arrival. Prep students will be collected, signed in and walked from their classrooms to the College Hall by the OSHC educators. Year 1 students will be collected from their classroom during Term 1 and then transitioned to walk to the College Hall themselves by Term 2.
Parents/ Guardian’s are to pick up their child prior to 6:00 pm or will be charged payment of $1 per child per 1 minute.
We have three programs for which we take enrolments:
Vacation Care program
8:00 am to 6:00 pm - $42 per day per child (prior to enrolment closing date). Casual Vacation Care rate: $47 per day per child.
Please provide lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea is provided.
Vacation Care is available during each school holidays and Student Free Days (excluding 3 weeks over Christmas and public holidays). The program may include excursions, picnics, day trips, and other themed activities that will keep children interested, entertained, and educated in a supervised environment.
Children are to be signed in by their Parents/ Guardian’s on arrival and on departure. Vacation Care provides a nutritious and healthy snack for morning and afternoon tea, however we ask that families provide lunch for their child.
Please contact The Family Assistance Office (Centrelink) to have your eligibility for Child Care Subsidy assessed. To receive this benefit, please provide us with your and your child’s Customer Reference numbers and dates of birth.
Late fees will be charged if children are collected after 6pm, at the rate of $1 per child per 1 minute. Parents must inform the OSHC Coordinator via the school on 3353 7340 if they are going to be late in collecting their children.
Cancellation Fees: Full fees apply without prior notification (48 hours for Before and After School Care and 7 days for Vacation Care).
General information 8am – 2pm daily: 3353 1266
Contact the Coordinators directly: 3353 7340 Rachel Moore 6:30am - 8:30am Belinda Butler 2:30pm - 6:00pm Email: email@example.com
For questions on payments or fees, please contact the accounts manager: Mary Laidlaw Phone: 3353 7314 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Last minute’ attendances or absences: As a courtesy to our staff and also a legal requirement of the staff to child ratio, we must know of changes in attendance or absence ASAP. Please do not email in these circumstances. Call the Main Reception on 3353 1266.
1. Child Risk Management Policy
2. Governance Management Policy
3. NSK and NCC OSHC Health Hygiene Policy
4. NCC Policy Procedures Child Protection
5. NSK NCC OSHC Copyright Policy
6. NSK and NCC OSHC Administration of Medication Policy
7. NSK and NCC OSHC Child Safe Environment Policy
8. NSK and NCC OSHC Emergency and Evacuation Policy
9. NSK and NCC OSHC First Aid Policy
10. NSK and NCC OSHC Illness Policy
11. NSK and NCC OSHC Incident Injury Trauma Policy
12. NSK and NCC OSHC Medical Condition Policy
13. NSK and NCC OSHC Nutrition Policy
14. NSK and NCC OSHC Records Retention WYO Policy
15. NSK and NCC OSHC Sleep and Rest Policy
16. NSK and NCC OSHC Sun Protection
17. NSK and NCC OSHC Volunteers Students Policy
18. NSK and NCC OSHC Water Safety Policy
19. NSK and NCC OSHC Work Health & Safety Policy
20. NSK and NCC OSHC Immunisation Policy