Our Academic Record
'Character through Christ' defines all we do - whether on the sporting field, the main stage or in the classroom. This focus on Christ enables discipline, patience and self-control, and is the source of our student's academic achievements.
- Our NAPLAN results are consistently above the State and national averages (MySchool)
- Primary School is in the top 2% of Brisbane North and Moreton Bay area Primary schools based on the Year 5 NAPLAN 2018 results in English and Maths.
- Secondary School is in the top 2% of best performing Secondary Schools in Brisbane (NAPLAN 2018).
- 92.1% of Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre applicants receiving a tertiary offer
- Northside Christian College is acknowledged as a "School identifying substantially above average gain" by Australian Curriculum Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA).
- 2 QUT Vice-Chancellors Scholarships in 2019
"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." - Colossians 3:17
While there are many measures of student success, attainment of OP scores is important for students wishing to continue to post-secondary education via QTAC.
Northside Christian College is proud of its students' OP results. OP scores range from 1 (highest) to 25 (lowest). In Queensland, approximately 35 per cent of eligible students gain an OP score of 1-10 year on year. At Northside, an OP of 1-10 is gained on average by at least 60 per cent of our graduates each year. A high proportion of those students are offered tertiary places in their first preference course.
Innovative School 2017
Northside Christian College has been named one of Australia’s forty most innovative schools by The Educator. The award recognises outstanding educators who are improving teaching and learning outcomes through technology and innovative practices.
Northside Christian College provides students with a range of educational pathways enabling them to acquire the skills, disciplines and capacities to continue their lifelong learning journey beyond secondary school.
By focusing on each individual student’s aspirations, Northside Christian College aims to provide opportunities for learning across the Academic Curriculum, Vocational Education and Complementary Studies programs.
Each student is provided with guidance from the Student Services team to help map their preferred future and to assist them to excel in their chosen path.
From OP to ATAR
The senior education system in Queensland is changing from 2019 onwards from Overall Position (OP) to Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), standardising the state's assement with the rest of Australia.
At Northside, we have taken advanced steps to ensure our teachers and students are equipped to undertake new these new assessment processes, including a NSW/Victorian school tour to learn from other Christian schools in Australia who have excelled in this system.
Features of the new system include a reduced assessment load, an ATAR score and external exams at the end of Year 12.